Spicy Sweet Potato Carrot Ginger Soup with Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 sweet potato
- 4 chopped carrots
- 4 chopped celery stalks
- 2 chopped Spanish onions
- 4-6 chopped cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece of minced ginger
- 1 container vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- fresh cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Cook quinoa, set aside.
- Prep all ingredients, turn on stove to medium heat.
- Heat coconut oil, then sautee celery, onions, garlic and ginger.
- Add all spices and mix well.
- Add sweet potato, carrots and veg/chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, bring down to a low simmer and cook approx. 15 minutes.
- Test sweet potato and carrots to make sure they are soft, then blend 1/2 way with a hand blender.
- Scoop into bowls and add quinoa and stir. Enjoy!