Craniosacral therapy (CST) may be what your body is craving.
A constant, fast paced, nonstop lifestyle has a cost. It eventually catches up to us mentally, physically and emotionally. CST allows for presence and stillness in our bodies, something we don’t often allow ourselves to feel.
CST uses light touch to engage the body, often not looking like the therapist is doing much of anything. The gentle touch, provides the body with feedback and gives it focused attention and space needed to access its own healing mechanisms, release its stored tensions/injuries/traumas, and find healthy internal dynamics/homeostasis. Relieving tension in the central nervous system promotes a feeling of well-being by eliminating pain and boosting health and immunity. CST acts as a gentle reset for the body. Allowing space to process, adjust, realign itself, ultimately re-patterning itself into a place of safety trust, relaxation, and healing. CST may provide the following benefits:
- Stress reduction: CST is believed to help the body relax, reducing stress and tension. This relaxation response can lead to a sense of calm and improved emotional well-being.
- Pain management: People with chronic pain conditions, such as migraines, tension headaches, temporomandibular dysfunction (jaw pain), tinnitus, sinus issues, and fibromyalgia, may find relief from the gentle manipulations and soft tissue work used in CST.
- Improved mobility: CST aims to release restrictions in the craniosacral system, which may enhance joint mobility and decrease stiffness.
- Enhanced nervous system function: By targeting the central nervous system, CST advocates claim that it may improve nerve function and facilitate better communication between the brain and body.
- Emotional release: Like many bodywork therapies, CST may help individuals release emotional blockages and promote a sense of well-being.
- Improved sleep: Many people who undergo CST often report better sleep quality and improved sleep patterns.
Craniosacral Therapy with Angie can be combined with Massage and Manual Lymphatic Drainage treatments or done on their own. On its own CST can be done fully clothed. One-hour treatments available.