- 1-2 organic chicken breasts
- coconut oil
- sea salt
- 1 chopped leek
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1-2 chopped carrots
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp curry powder
*add cauliflower, broccoli, chopped kale, etc. to increase vegetable content)
- 1 litre organic low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- boiled brown basmati rice or quinoa (up to 1 cup in the entire pot or just add to each bowl for grain-eaters)
*optional to also add hot sauce & cilantro
*To make Paleo – skip the rice/quinoa. To make vegetarian – substitute beans/chickpeas for the chicken.
- Bake chicken breasts and cut into cubes.
- Brown the cubes in a skillet with coconut oil, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sautee in coconut oil: leek, yellow onion, carrots, garlic cloves (*optional to add cauliflower, broccoli, chopped kale, etc. to increase vegetable content).
- Add ginger & curry powder.
- Once softened, add vegetable or chicken broth, coconut milk, lemon juice. Simmer for 30 mins.
- When ready to serve, add boiled brown basmati rice or quinoa & garnish with chopped apple (optional to also add hot sauce & cilantro).