Roasted Cabbage & Cauliflower Salad With Nut Butter Dressing
Note: this makes a huge quantity – good for a family (or an army) or to scoop out of for the week!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt & black pepper
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas – or 2 cups of homemade beans, warmed
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup smooth nut/seed butter (almond, cashew, etc)
- 2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower & cabbage in melted coconut oil, salt & pepper and roast for 30 mins (flipping every 8-10mins) or until browned.
- Mix Dressing ingredients. You can add more water to thin if needed.
- Once cauliflower and cabbage are done, let cool for a few minutes then mix cauliflower, cabbage and chickpeas together.
- Add more salt and pepper as needed. Toss in green onion and sesame seeds