“Hail to the Kale” Salad
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup tamari pumpkin seeds (see method below)
- 1/2 cup tamari sunflower seeds (see method below)
- 1/2 cup flax or hemp oil
- 1/3 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- In a cast iron skillet over medium to high heat, stir sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Remove from heat when they’re toasted golden brown.
- While the skillet is hot, add in a few drops of tamari, which will sear onto the seeds. Remove and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine chopped kale, carrots, cabbage and seeds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, Bragg Liquid Aminos, vinegar & oregano and pour over kale mixture. Toss until evenly coated & chill before serving.
- Yields 8 servings so keep in fridge & enjoy for a few days!