Chocolate-Beet Protein Muffins
- 1 cup pureed (peeled then boiled first for about 30 mins or until you can pierce them) beets (approx. 2 beets)
- 1/2 cup nut butter such as cashew or almond
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup cocao powder
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (such as camino brand)
- optional to add 10-20g of protein powder or 2 tbsp of Organika Collagen powder
- Combine all ingredients (adding the walnuts and chocolate chips last) and pour batter into a muffin tin lined with 12 baking cups.
- Bake a 350 F for about 15-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test -if it comes out clean, they’re done.
- Store in fridge, or freeze to enjoy later.