Chicken, Collard Greens & Sweet Potato Stew
- coconut oil
- 16 oz Organic Free-Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced stalk of celery
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (such as “Bragg’s”)
- 1lb peeled & diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups coarsely chopped collard greens (or kale)
- 4 cups low sodium organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice/quinoa
- any other herbs you would like to add such as thyme, oregano, cinnamon, turmeric, rosemary, etc.
- In a heavy pot, heat coconut oil at medium.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Sear until golden brown and fully cooked. Set aside.
- Add onion, stalk of celery and apple cider vinegar to pan until tender.
- Add sweet potatoes, collard greens (or kale), chicken or vegetable stock and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Shred chicken, add to pot, and cook until heated through.
- Stir in cooked rice/quinoa and season with salt & pepper and herbs