Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 or 2 tbsp raw honey, depending on how ripe your bananas are and how sweet you like your muffins
- 1/2 cup dark mini chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, smash bananas. Next add eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and honey to bananas and stir until combined
- In a larger bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture bowl. Stir into a batter.
- Next add chocolate chips and chopped nuts and stir well (save a couple of tablespoons of the nuts to top the muffins)
- Pour batter into a muffin tin lined with baking cups. Fill each cup about 3/4 full. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top of muffins and place in oven.
- Bake a 350 F for about 22-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test doneness. If it comes out clean, they’re done.
- Store in fridge, or freeze to enjoy later.