10 Minute Pancakes
– 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
– 1 apple
– handful, or 1 3/4 oz of nuts (pecans or almonds)
– 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 medium banana
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– berries, pinch of cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg, maple syrup, nut butter, or coconut yogurt (optional)
- Put oats in blender and blend until you have a scruffy flour. Grate the apple. Put the nuts, milk, apple, and banana into the blender and blend until combined.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add a little coconut oil. Allow it to melt, then add a ladle full of the pancake batter to make small pancake rounds. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles rise to the surface. Use a spatula to carefully flip the pancakes over and cook on the other side.
- The pancakes in the first batch are always more delicate, so don’t worry if they look a bit scruffy. Keep them warm while you cook the rest.
- Makes 6 pancakes.
- Toss berries in cinnamon, and nutmeg for the topping. Optional to add some coconut yogurt (such as SILK unsweetened).