Spiced Nut Bread
- 2 cups nut butter (any kind)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp any spice (cacao/cocoa powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon)
- 2 cups shredded fruit or vegetable (combination of shredded apples, carrots, zucchini pears
- squeeze out extra liquid before adding to batter)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey/maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chopped nuts/fruit (combination of pecans, walnuts, dairy-free chocolate chips, raisins)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, pour in nut butter, sea salt, spice of choice, eggs and sweetener of choice as listed.
- Stir well or use handheld mixer to blend for 30 seconds.
- Stir in fruit or veggie of choice (squeeze out excess water if high liquid content in fruit/vegetable).
- Add baking soda to top of batter and pour apple cider vinegar on top. Mixture will foam or fizz. Fold into batter.
- Pour in chopped nuts/fruit. Fold in without over mixing.
- Pour into a coconut oil greased 9×5″ loaf ban and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour.
- Allow bread to cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.