Loaded Sweet Potato
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 cup fresh kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pepitas (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until tender.
- Place shredded kale, cabbage and grated carrots in a bowl. Cover with avocado and seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil lemon juice and mustard. Add to the shredded vegetables and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When sweet potatoes are finished baking, cut a slice in the top and serve topped with salad.