Pregnancy, Fertility, and Postpartum Care
In pregnancy, Naturopathic Doctors play a complimentary role to your primary Health Care Provider (OB-GYN or Midwife) including:
- Preconception preparation & improving fertility
- Prenatal Nutrition
- Supplementation (what to take, how much and when – as nutrient requirements change with the different stages of baby’s development)
- Symptom prevention and management (including nausea, constipation, fatigue, headaches/migraines, mood changes, leg cramps, heartburn, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, etc)
- Labour preparation, planning and education
- Pre-birth acupuncture
- Post-partum care
- Breastfeeding support, guidance and breast health
- JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP “Mama Matters – with Dr. Lauren (ND)“
A doula provides physical and emotional support during the entire labour, delivery, and in the early post-partum period. She does not deliver the baby, a Midwife or OB-GYN does. An experienced doula can improve your pregnancy and labor experience by being a resource of information and by working as an advocate for your wishes.
A Doula is not only an extra pair of hands to help, but she will also provide suggestions for techniques to try, massage, and give Dad direction when needed so that he feels involved and confident. She is there to reassure, explain, and comfort and allows everyone the freedom to express their emotions as they witness the birth of their new family.
I really loved having my Doula by my side. Her warm and nurturing energy was exactly what I needed to feel comfortable throughout my first labor and delivery experience. She was very attentive and a great coach through each and every step of the way. She provided great follow up and care, especially with helpful tips and guidance with breastfeeding. I’m beyond thankful that she is a part of my special memories.